Thursday 15 February 2018

Mediating Angles - A Church Plaza

It's probably not a surprise , when looking at the what and the way I draw to learn that I am a  landscape architect and urban designer.

I continue to be interested in public places and always find lessons in the town and church squares of the old world.

Here, in Ponta Delgada,  I noticed how the three flights of stairs mediated the angle of the church to the street.  The other subtle detail, which I should have done and enlargement about, was how the diamond pattern pavers served as a warning at the top steps.

Such are the things I ponder.

1 comment:

  1. I have express a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorite’s blog site list and will be checking back soon…
    trig identities

    ReplyDelete