Monday 21 December 2015

Machu Picchu

Last week, on my Birthday, I visited Machu Picchu.  It was amazing and much more impressive and interesting that I had hoped for. The tour took a couple of hours and was fascinating.  Afterwards, I found a shady bench to do this drawing from.  This is the beginning of the rainy season, so I was lucky to have a clear sunny day, and relatively few visitors.

As good as the tour was, it raised many questions in my mind about the Inca civilization - now that I'm home, I'll be searching for a good book about those amazing people.


6 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing place John. Glad to see that the triad of colours made it all the way up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh boy, do I have some paints for you Shari !....there is a manufacturer in Kingston that makes creamy luscious colours at 1/4 the price of every one else's precious little tubes - look up tri-art in Kingston

      Delete
    2. I will do that right now John! I'm loving your Peru sketches.

      Delete
  2. I haven't been following you lately, (been head down on a project for months) - really great to come by and see this series on Peru. Looks like another tremendous sketch-adventure!

    ReplyDelete