Tuesday 30 April 2013

Out for a Walk - Back in 5 Weeks


I'm leaving this afternoon for Spain.  I'm going there to walk the Camino de Santiago - The Way of St. James.  This is an ancient route, used by traders and armies long before it was declared a pilgrimage in the 800's.  I'll start in St Jean Pied de Port, 8 kilometers from the Spanish border in France, pass over the Pyrenees and spend my first night as a pilgrim in a refugio in a monastery in  Roncesvalles.  With some luck, I'll cover the 800 kilometers to Santiago de Compostella in the following 30 days.

I've decided not to blog along the way.  I'll focus my time on sketching and hope to have a good batch of images to share when I get home.

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you safe travels and great weather for walking, sketching and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your sketches and stories of what you encountered along the way!

    ReplyDelete