Tuesday 23 August 2011

My Favourite Lunch Restaurant isn't a Restaurant


BITE THIS operates seasonally out of a trailer across the street from my office. It is owner, Donna, is a lovely woman who is a veteran of the street cart food business.  Her motto is 'Fresh Food with Attitude'. The fare is eclectic fusion and includes greek, asian, steak in pita and this being Ottawa, Poutine.  (Poutine is a gooey mess of cheese curds and gravy on french fried potatoes.)  The vibe is funky in a sohisticated, non-pretentious kind of  way.

I give it my 5 star rating.  Tell Donna,  John sent you!

1 comment:

  1. You had me until you mentioned Poutine.. Yuck
    Then again my brother thinks it is really gross that I like Marmite...
    So go figure..

    There's a thought Marmite and Poutine ... :-(

    I do like the sketch though...

    ReplyDelete